Saturday, July 15, 2017

Let's Play | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I am sharing a new sketch, layout and a process video for Stuck?! Sketches' July 15th challenge today!

Here is a look at my sketch:


And this is my take on it, I love the way it turned out and the bright colours but if you watch my video you will see that a few things gave me the run around while creating!


As you will notice I flipped the sketch to better suit this photo of our grandson, I could have flipped the picture but I didn't think of it when I printed it. Plus most of my layouts sort of face the other way so it is nice to have some looking the opposite way when they are in albums.

I recently picked up the ephemera, decorative brads, puffy stickers and enamel dot packs for the "Toy Box" collection by Carta Bella, I figured I could probably get away with combining them with papers from my stash as I really didn't see myself using all of the elements.  I raided my stash of Echo Park patterned papers and pulled some that coordinated well enough, and then chose this lined paper from MME as my background. I matted the whole layout on a piece of blue cardstock, I like the way it helps my photo to pop plus it is a good way to use some of my coloured cardstock that just seems to sit around taking up space.

Once I had the paper layers done, I added some machine stitching and then got busy with the embellishing!


I also pulled in some puffy stickers, acetate pieces and chipboard from the Crate Paper "cool kid" collection.  They seem to work well with the Carta Bella elements.


I moved my title from where the sketch suggested because I wanted to use these puffy stickers that read "let's play" and they seemed to get lost in the other area of my layout.


As a final step I added some doodling and rubons.

We have two wonderful and long term sponsors offering prizes this month over at Stuck?! Sketches



You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Echo Park and My Mind's Eye patterned papers; American Crafts cardstock;  ephemera, decorative brads and puffy stickers from Carta Bella; Crate Paper puffy stickers, acetate ephemera and chipboard; Tim Holtz rub-ons and tiny attacher; Sharpie pen; misc. button and crochet thread.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo 

2 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant primary colours and the engaging photo. Beautiful work Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mix of lines and cute embellies.
    Your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!