Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Summer Adventures | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there! It is reveal day over at My Creative Scrapbook, and that means I get to share this month's awesome main kit with you, and a layout, too!

I loved creating with this month's kit, it has loads of goodies from the Simple Stories "Summer Days" collection and a few things from the Photo Play "Summer Bucket List" collection in it!  And I was definitely in the mood to create summery pages!! Check out the kit contents.


I feel like there is a pattern happening with my MCS DT pages, my first share is once again the third page that I created! There is sort of a method to that though.  I have committed to doing two process videos a month for the team, so I try to do that first, just in case something goes wrong with a video or layout.  That way I can always make another if need be.


I really wanted to use this bold orange dotted paper prominently on a layout, it was just so juicy and happy looking! I decided to make it my background, but added in a bit of white cardstock to keep the page from being too overwhelming.


I added in narrow strips of striped paper to each side of the cardstock panel and some stitching, too.


I used this chipboard banner along with the alpha stickers from the kit to create my title. I embellished my title with some machine stitching and a few phrase stickers, plus this little camera sticker.


My journaling was written on a tag that I hand cut from a cut apart card, and reads "Kayaking to a little island and lunching on a rock is a new summer fav!"  I tell you this kid never went kayaking without a couple of sandwiches in tow, last summer!


This sun element is a combination of a fussy cut piece with a die cut embellishment layered over top of it.  I sandwiched craft foam in the centre to give it a little pop.

I used three embellishment clusters around my photo, but also added a small one on the top right of my layout. Once I had everything arranged on my page how I liked it I added some teal Gelatos and Distress Crayon to the white cardstock to make it a little less stark and slightly more reminiscent of water.

Supply List: (From the Kit) Simple Stories "Summer Days" patterned paper ( gotta make shade, so much fun, 4 x 6 vertical elements, 4 x 6 horizontal elements), cardstock stickers, 4 x 6 stickers, chipboard, and bits and pieces. (From my stash) crochet thread; Aqua Dolce Gelatos; Peacock Feathers Distress Crayon; Oh say can you sea Shimmerz mist; American Craft kraft cardstock

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!